Village style fish curry
Here is the simple but delicious way of cooking small fish.
Most of the people afraid to eat small fish as it has lots of bones and find difficult to eat. but if we take few precaution we can make really delicious small fish curry.
- 2 LB fresh & Local Small fish
- 2 Large onion chop and make paste.
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- for paste spices: 1 teaspoon each of Mustard seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds,
- Salt to taste
- 1 lemon for marinade
- Salt to taste.
- Oil for deep fry and 2 teaspoon oil for cooking
- 2 teaspoon Turmeric powder ( use 1 teaspoon for marinade the fish)
- Method of preparation:
- Dissect fish through the stomach and wash the fish pieces thoroughly. Marinade with salt, Lemon and a pinch of turmeric.
- Pan fry or deep fry to a light golden brown and Keep aside.
- Now heat the oil in a wok or cooking pot, sautéed the cumin and mustard seeds, 2 bay leaves ,
- Now add all the spices and onion paste. fry in a medium heat for a minute, add water if it starts sticking or burning the spices.
- Cook the spices thoroughly for 5 minute adding 1 cup of water.
- when the sauce reduces to half add cilantro , add the fried fish and mix well. Cook in a very low heat.
- Now it’s ready to serve with your meal or serve as snacks with beaten rice( flatten rice).